I attribute my early love of art to my Belgian grandmother, whose impressionist painting style and encouragement resonates with me still. After graduating from Georgetown University with a degree in Marketing, I attended Pratt Institute’s School of Art and Design where I earned a Master’s Degree in Package Design. I worked for several years as an art director and a freelance artist.
I took up painting again in my 30’s, encouraged by my dear friend, Ursula Beck, the founder and director of the Taos Art School in New Mexico. At that time I also attended the Art Students League in New York. Later I had the good fortune to study under Gary Godbee at the Montclair Art Museum in New Jersey. Gary finds beauty in industrial landscapes and influenced me to paint my first cityscape, “Times Square.”
Whether it is to capture the effect of light filtering through trees or the sun reflecting off a car, I become completely absorbed in trying to render, with great detail, the image through paint. I love color and the passing effects of light and shadow, as reflected in my latest series: CARS.
My work has been displayed in a variety of venues, most recently at the Southport Galleries in Connecticut, the Ceres Art Gallery in NYC, the Montclair Art Museum, and the Phillips Lighting Corporation in Somerset, NJ. While I sell landscapes and still-lifes, I have also been commissioned to paint subjects that resound with my sponsors.
- Sebasco Art Workshops, workshop with Janet Fish, Maine
- New Jersey Center of Visual Arts, Summit, NJ
- The Yard School of Art, Montclair, NJ
- Art Student League, NY,NY
- Taos Art School, Taos, NM
- Pratt Institute, Brooklyn, NY MS
- Instituto Allende, Gto., Mexico
- Georgetown, University, Washington, DC BSBA
- Board Member (since 1997), Taos Art School
- The Montclair Art Museum
- The New Jersey Center of Visual Arts
- Somerset Art Associat
Anne working on "Water Reflections", 2016